Tuesday 4 January 2011

New Year Workbench

I'm finding myself doing more and more work in the kitchen nowadays instead of the study. Consequently had to take a break over the Christmas holidays as the table was full of festive decorations in true Griswald Family Christmas style.

Back to normal now, I'll be working on some headswops this week - turning a selection of the Eureka troops in Internal Security order into Paras (for Mike) and others into Scots to mix and match as required with the guys in helmets.

I had started on some Glengarry headwops a couple of months back but found the heads on Britannia's WW1 Highland Light Infantry very difficult to remove (no necks). Plus, the heads are also a bit jowly and would need their herculean jaws filed down. Then the current shite at work about the longevity mine and 800 others jobs intervened, so they were put to one side in a box and forgotten.

In the meantime, I picked up some East German Workers Militia from Rolf Hedges. These are really nice figures - perfect for Twighlight 2000, industrial Neo Soviet Sci Fi revolts and similar.

GDR (East German) Workers Milita

Looking closely at the guys in sidecaps last week I thought, hang on! Add a big badge on the side and a couple of ribbons at the back and we have a pretty decent Glengarry. Maybe not 100% accurate but looks good enough to me. [Update].... So I'll be cutting these heads off and placing them on British Squaddie torsos.

Photos of these plus the first of my BW Models reviews later this the week.

Cheers
Mark
 

4 comments:

  1. This is a great blog. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glengarrys with AK´s??
    Rolf Hedges...? the name rings a bell...is he in london?
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks John. Appreciate it!

    Paul, Yes RH Models/Liberation Miniatures.
    GDRMIL: 10 GDR WORKERS MILITIA WITH AK47'S - MIX OF HELMETS AND CAPS £4.80

    http://www.rhmodels.com/21.html

    I'm swopping the heads with sidecap onto British squaddie bodies.

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought so!!!!! :-D Funny old world...I used to live in Berrylands....
    I see now with the caps....mind you..the AK is a good weapon, I prefered it over the FN.
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete